The Australian Higher Education Summit
The 2016 Australia and APAC Higher Education Summit will provide an unparalleled opportunity for representatives from all Asia-Pacific higher education institutions to gather together and explore the future of best practice across key facets of the higher education sector.
During the two-day event, three key themes will form the basis for rich content and debate around current and future approaches to leadership, technology and research practices within the sector. Separated into three concurrent conference streams, the Summit will also encompass a large scale exhibition space showcasing a range of organisations, technologies and products tailored to the developing needs of the higher education sector, as well as expert presentations delivered by a comprehensive range of education sector luminaries.
Summit attendees will also benefit from the opportunity to engage with likeminded professionals and discuss topical initiatives and future opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with educators from across the APAC region
- Exclusive access to some of Australia and the world's most well-regarded education experts
- See case studies from leading Australian tertiary Institutes
- Hands-on engaged learning
Summit stream one – Leadership and Management
As we move towards an increasingly connected, global community, organisations must adapt to new ways of working, and the need for dynamic and creative leadership has never been greater. By supporting a culture of leadership at all levels and across all environments, the higher education sector will continue to play a pivotal role in the intellectual, social and cultural development of our growing global community.
Summit stream two - Technology
Major advances in technology across all areas of the education system are now changing the very way that we teach, learn, connect and share information. For academic institutions, charged with equipping students to excel in the new knowledge economy, the possibilities are significant but so too are the challenges. Learning how to seamlessly marry new technologies with established traditions to create more effective outcomes for students and educators remains a crucial goal for the higher education sector.
Summit stream three – Research
Research and its future directions within higher education is a topic of major debate across the sector. Where is research heading, how will it be funded and what will be the research priorities of the future? One thing is certain; developments in this space will have significant and far reaching implications on the future of higher education and those that work in the sector.
For a full list of speakers and the summit agenda visit our dedicated Australian Higher Education Summit website here apac-higher-ed-summit.com
- Centrally supporting learning innovations across the University
- Digital Learning Futures
- Outcomes of a comprehensive e-Learning Teacher Education Program
- Overcoming bad practice - Plagiarism and 'Turn-it-in ‘software
- Leadership in the international arena: a look at ties to Japan
- Visible and Valued Leadership is more than a communication mantra
- Collaborative leadership in change management
- The Idea of an Asia Pacific University
- Supporting Students though leadership Development
- Effective leadership strategies for a VUCA Environment
- Redressing the balance in teaching, research and administration
- Exploring Chinese Students decision-making to undertake Australian higher education
- Opportunity through online Learning - Experiences of mature-age first-in-family students in online higher education
- Supporting multi-disciplinary rural health research and training
- Leading through change
- Developing Leadership Capability in Higher Education - Building People capability and leading from the front
- Blended learning - A case study
- Technology – Is it engaging or disengaging students? Understanding the role it plays in everyday lives
- The future of Edutech – Connection, interactivity, remote learning and research
- Publish or Perish
Panel Discussion Topics